Wednesday, September 7, 2011

World Championships

From August 27th to September 4th, track and field athletes from all over the world gathered here in Daegu to compete in IAAF World Championships. As a huge track and field fan, I couldn’t miss the opportunity to attend the event. It is considered the third largest sporting event in the world after the Olympics and World Cup. I reserved my ticket for the Opening Ceremony and Day 1 of events almost two months in advance. I also managed to get tickets to Day 2 and Day 8 on site even though both days were sold out.
The Opening Ceremony.

Usain Bolt.

The games were exciting and a lot of fun. It was even more awesome that the games were held right here in Daegu. I got to see Usain Bolt (the world’s fastest man) qualify and disqualify in 100m, then win the 200m.  

No comments:

Post a Comment